HOME Research Insight The Global Automotive Exhaust Systems Market Comprises a Number of Key Players



The Global Automotive Exhaust Systems Market Comprises a Number of Key Players


The global automotive exhaust systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% by 2019 in terms of production volume. Asia-Pacific and Europe hold the major share in the market. Even though production locations are increasing in other regions, still the Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold its leadership position by 2019, because of the increasing vehicle production as well as major technological advancements in the region.

The exhaust systems market in terms of fuel types for passenger vehicles have been increasing at a significant level. Due to the new and improved diesel after-treatment technologies, such as the DPF, DOC, LNT, and SCR, and the price gap between gasoline and diesel, the diesel vehicle market has been increasing at twice the rate than that of the gasoline vehicle market. This growth is mainly seen in the Asia-Pacific region as it leads the market in terms of vehicle production and is one of the fastest-growing regions in terms of automotive exhaust systems. Diesel vehicles in this region are growing at a rapid rate and would surpass the total gasoline vehicle in the coming future.

The global automotive exhaust systems market comprises a number of key players. The major key players in the market are Eberspacher (Germany), Tenneco (US), Faurecia (France), Sango (Japan), and Futaba (Japan). In terms of value, these companies account for around 75% of the global market for automotive exhaust systems whereas the rest 25% is occupied by other small/medium players.

Faurecia (France) and Tenneco (US) are the leading automotive exhaust systems companies across the globe in terms of value due to the continuous developments by their exhaust system technologies division. Faurecia is able to maintain its leadership position due to the acquisitions of specialist companies such as Plastal, Emcon Technologies, Saline, and others. The new Exhaust Heat Recovery Manifold (EHRM) developed by the R&D division was one of the biggest innovations by Faurecia that increased its market share. On the other hand, Tenneco developed a new Thermoelectric Generator (TEG) used in the waste heat recovery applications as against the EHRM of Faurecia in order to stay in the race for leadership. The major focus of Tenneco has been on the engineering capabilities as well as on technology so as to penetrate in new markets to grow its market share. Even Tenneco has been further trying to strengthen its position in the market through expansion into new and developing automotive markets such as India and other Asia-Pacific countries.

Global Automotive Exhaust Systems Market Share, by Company, 2013

Automotive Exhaust Systems Market

Source: MarketsandMarkets Analysis

Related Reports:

Automotive Exhaust Systems Market by Geography (Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, & ROW), by Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, LCVs, & HCVs), by Fuel Type (Gasoline & Diesel), by After-Treatment Device (DPF, DOC, SCR, TWC, & NOx Adsorber) - Trends & Forecasts to 2019

Contact:
Mr. Rohan
North - Dominion Plaza,
17304 Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas, TX 75252
Tel: +1-888-600-6441
Email: sales@marketsandmarkets.com

Connect Us

Follow us on LinkedIn  Follow us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter 
Live Chat Support


US : 1-888-600-6441

Search reports