Home › › Consult Details
Client Consult Problem Statement:
MnM’s client who is one of the leading suppliers of Carbon Black Master Batch and conductive concentrates was interested in project involving “Assessment for Carbon Black Master Batches for use in Engineering Polymers”. The key objective for the study involved:
- In-depth analysis of Carbon Black Master batches for use in Engineering Polymers’ across South East Asia, Middle East, NAM, Europe, LATAM and Russia for PBT, PSO, PES, PVDF, PEEK, PEK, PET, PAI, PEI, POM, PPS, PPO, PPE, PSU, PTFE, UHMPE and their processing methods and applications
- To provide the growth and price elasticity for black master batch for each polymer and their main application
- Customer analysis of top customers, their focus geographies & applications, product portfolio, annual consumption pricing strategy, supply chain details, and unmet needs analysis
- Competitive benchmarking of top Carbon Black master batch manufacturers across North America, South East Asia, Middle East, Europe, Latin America & Russia
- Methodology Adopted by MnM :MnM carried out this study through a combination of extensive secondary research followed by primary discussions with Key Opinion Leaders, carbon black master batch manufacturers, suppliers, dealers/distributors and customers to estimate their volume & value and understand the trends of the market. Also, substitute products /technology, industry wide applications, and usage patterns were identified to arrive at exact market size numbers. Exhaustive interviews were conducted from sales, marketing, production, R&D, technical experts using a semi- structured questionnaire to understand and provide the in-depth analysis. By conducting numerous in-depth market evaluation using foundations of both qualitative & quantitative interview approaches along with the expertise of consulting team at MnM. The end users/customers were interviewed to understand their current and forecast usage in various applications which further validated the market number through bottom up approach.
- Actual Solution Provided: -Through the detailed outcome of the study, we provided inputs on-
Market size (current and forecasts) of the carbon black master batch for use in engineering polymers by application, processing methods, and targeted regions. Value chain analysis, Porter five forces analysis, and matrix of black master batch based polymer type and end use segments was provided to the client. Pricing analysis for carbon black master batch was done at regional level. Customer analysis of top customers with their focus geographies, business segments & applications, product portfolio, product purchased based on polymer, annual consumption pricing strategy, supply chain details, and unmet needs analysis was also delivered to the client. Competitive benchmarking with details such as their business segmentation, SWOT analysis with respect to black master batch polymers market, black master batch plant locations, key markets served, product specifications, and level of integration were identified for the client.
MnM’s client was able to understand dynamics and trends in the engineering polymer market sector for carbon black master batches. The current scenario and the market forecasts helped the client to focus on the high growth markets of carbon black market batch. The customer analysis helped the client to target the customers of carbon black master batch in targeted geographies and further increase their customer base. The competitive benchmarking also helped to understand the client’s present situation in the market in comparison to his competitors and helps the client to build short and long term strategies to gain the market share.
Request Most Relevant Case Study for your business.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help you and your business achieve true results,
Get in touch with us
Vice President Semiconductor and Electronics
Associate Director Aerospace and Defense
Associate Director Automotive & Transportation
Associate Director Energy and Power
Associate Director Healthcare
Vice President Information and Communication Technology
Associate Director Packaging Construction and Mining
Principal Consultant Chemical and Materials
Vice President Automotive & Transportation
Associate Director Aerospace and Defense