Home › › Consult Details
Client Consult Problem Statement:
MNM’s Client, one of the top 5 Heavy Duty Engine and Spare Parts manufacturers- was interested in competitive intelligence of heavy duty engines and Spare part aftermarket across different zones in India. The key focus of the study included the following:
- Identification of Heavy Duty and Spare Parts market across North, South, East and West zones.
- Identification of different applications in Heavy Duty Engines with their respective spare parts.
- Identification of different heavy duty Series and its Models to benchmark with respect to different OEMs.
- Identification of industry dynamics and competitive landscape to critically analyze the study
- Methodology Adopted by MnM :MnM carried out this study through a combination of extensive secondary research followed by primary discussions with Key Opinion Leaders across the value chain within target zones.
For segmenting the market on the basis of application of engines we tracked the sale of machines, vehicles and Vessels in the provided applications, for example sale of tractors or trucks in India. This way we derived the base number for further analysis and forecasts of the engines and spare parts. Both, top-down and bottom-up approaches were used to cover key sources of primary information that included suppliers of heavy duty engines, along with manufacturers of heavy duty spare parts, and other industry experts. By conducting detailed and informative primary discussions with the respondent categories across various functions, MnM analyzed current & forecast quantitative market information, and developed deep-dive qualitative insights into industry trends & dynamics across each of the target applications. In total, MnM conducted 50 primary discussions, of which 40 were the OEMs, while the rest consisted of various industry experts.
- Actual Solution Provided: -
- MnM studied applications under heavy duty engines (On Highway, Off Highway, Marine, Stationary, and Mining & Construction) along with their segmented engine capacity (Hp range) and divided by different zones (North, East, South, and West) and recommended the growth applications along with the leading OEMs for gauging the market.
- Spare Parts (liners, filters, water pumps, gaskets and piston ring sets) were then estimated to identify the leading spare parts manufacturers
- Each vertical was studied on a state-level granularity, to understand product yields per state, in order to identify the best addressable market for each vertical.
The project assisted the client in identifying the segment of engines to focus upon, for manufacturing their spare parts. MNM supplied client with historic data of 2014, estimated data of 2015, forecasts for 2020, and growth rate for 2015 to 2020. Data for these years was provided for the number of engine by above mentioned segmentations. The analysis for number of spare parts that Federal Mogul was focusing upon was also presented to the client.
Client had a special focus upon the business intelligence and market status of engine model series for Cummins, Kirloskar, CAT, Komatsu, Detroit and Volvo. We provided the client a detailed analysis of required engine models for each company. Special field primaries were conducted for this analysis in which we interviewed the managers from engine refurbishing plants. The project delivered value to client in form of the intelligence utilizing which the client can analyze its current operations and formulate its future business strategy.
Project included the competitive intelligence of engine manufacturers, in which we provided the market share of major engine manufacturers on the basis geographical zones in India. We also provided the client with analysis of major cities across India with their strategic importance.
Request Most Relevant Case Study for your business.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help you and your business achieve true results,
Get in touch with us
Vice President Semiconductor and Electronics
Associate Director Aerospace and Defense
Associate Director Automotive & Transportation
Associate Director Energy and Power
Associate Director Healthcare
Vice President Information and Communication Technology
Associate Director Packaging Construction and Mining
Principal Consultant Chemical and Materials
Vice President Automotive & Transportation
Associate Director Aerospace and Defense