HOME › Research Insight › CT&M equipment and services are being majorly used by network operators and telecommunication service
CT&M equipment and services are being majorly used by network operators and telecommunication service
The Wireless communications testing products accounts for the largest market share during the period 2013-2018. The CT&M equipment and services are being majorly used by network operators and telecommunication service providers at every phase of product development lifecycle starting from R&D, manufacturing, installation and maintenance. The Wireless test and measurement equipments are finding more traction in the overall CT&M market due to the evolution and developments in the wireless communications industry. The growth in Wireless industry is expected to grow sequentially with the growth in number of mobile devices driven by proliferation of media-rich mobile communication devices (smart phones and tablets), growing number of internet users, faster broadband speeds and increased video usage.
The wireless communications test instruments such as 2G, 3G, and LTE protocol analyzers are being used by network operators, analyzes mobile network elements to validate functionality according to wireless technology specifications. These helps network engineers to troubleshoot networks in order to find the source of errors and fix them as fast as possible. These instruments support all major mobile technologies: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/LTE. They perform functions such as, protocol monitoring, call and session tracing, quality of service and radio optimization measurement.
MarketsandMarkets forecasts the Communications Test and Measurement market to grow from $3.75 Billion in 2013 to $5.51 Billion in 2018, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.01%.
However, there are few revenue pockets in Wireline testing product line as well. Wireline testing products is used by network operators to install, deploy and maintain their optical and copper-based telecommunications networks. This equipment includes optical time-domain reflectometer (OTDRs); automated optical loss test sets (OLTS), SONET/SDH analyzers up to 10 GbE, 10 GbE to 100 GbE Ethernet testers.
The CT&M equipment and services are finding applications in the following areas:
- Mobile device testing: Mobile device manufacturers use communication testing equipment and services to test mobile devices using benchtop and single-box testing systems to test the performance, protocol and capability of cellular devices such as phones and smartphones and other connected devices such as laptops, netbooks, tablets and wireless PDAs.
- Base station testing: Base station testing comprises of testing the cellular access or transmitting/receiving location in a wireless network (WLAN).
- Lab and manufacturing testing: lab and manufacturing test products are used for R&D and product validation purpose to help scale the capital investments.
- Video test and monitoring: Radio Frequency (RF) and monitoring probes are used to diagnose digital video service problems helps to fix jitter and perform Bit-error-rate (BERT) testing
- Wireless Testing: Wireless testing involves RF test and drive test. RF test is critical for wireless operators to test the signal quality, signaling interference, antenna and modulation analysis supporting wideband technologies, such as, fixed/mobile, WiMAX and LTE.
Communications Test and Measurement Market [Solutions (Wireless, Wireline), Type of Test (Enterprise, Field Network, Lab And Manufacturing, Network Assurance), Services; End Users] – Global Advancements, Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2013-2018)
North - Dominion Plaza,
17304 Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas, TX 75252