HOME › Research Insight › Agreements, Collaborations, and Partnerships Were the Most Widely-adopted Growth Strategies in the Healthcare Supply Chain Management Market
Agreements, Collaborations, and Partnerships Were the Most Widely-adopted Growth Strategies in the Healthcare Supply Chain Management Market
In the healthcare industry, supply chain management is a vital practice for developing efficient supply chain methods to achieve operational efficiency and traceability while reducing operational costs without compromising quality. SAP SE (Germany), Oracle Corporation (U.S.), Infor Inc. (U.S.), Global Healthcare Exchange (U.S.), McKesson Corporation (U.S.), TECSYS Inc. (Canada), Jump Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), and LogiTag Systems Ltd. (Israel) are the key players operating in the global healthcare supply chain management market.
Players in this market have implemented various growth strategies to expand their footprints and strengthen their market positions. The key strategies adopted by players operating in this market were agreements, partnerships, and collaborations; mergers and acquisitions; new product launches; product enhancements; expansions; product deployment; and others (marketing and promotion, certification, and patents).
Between January 2013 and June 2016, agreements, partnerships, and collaborations were the most-widely adopted growth strategies by market players, followed by new product launches. Some of the important strategic developments undertaken by market players in the last three years have been listed below:
- In May 2016, GHX launched the Item ConneXion Content Management Solution. This new solution is specially made for small hospitals to create and constantly maintain accurate item master data. Through this solution, hospitals can maintain their supply chain data and access data from GHX’s item catalog. It is designed to reduce costs and increase transaction accuracy of healthcare organizations.
- In March 2016, SAP SE (Germany) launched the SAP Integrated Business Planning 6.1 application. The new application supports supply and allocation planning, end-to-end planning processes for sales and operations, demand sensing and planning, response planning, and inventory optimization. This application, along with embedded analytics and altering & collaboration capabilities, enables SAP customers to achieve greater visibility, shorter planning cycles, and faster response to changes in demand and supply.
- In January 2016, McKesson Corporation (U.S.) introduced the new OneContent 17.0, a solution which helps to manage digital assets and optimize manual processes. This solution helps address the needs of the materials management (MM) department for management of content and workflows related to requisitions, vendor catalogs, packing slips, and vendor returns.
- In September 2015, Infor Inc. completed the acquisition of GT Nexus (U.S.), a cloud-based global commercial platform, for USD 675 million. This acquisition enabled Infor Inc. to create the first global commerce cloud with end-to-end control and visibility for the production of products that companies make and deliver to their respective markets.
- In February 2015, Cerner acquired Siemens Health Services (U.S.), a healthcare technology and equipment provider. This acquisition enhanced Cerner’s healthcare IT research and development capabilities.
Healthcare Supply Chain Management Market by Component (Software (Inventory (Order and Warehouse Management), Purchasing (Supplier, Strategic Sourcing)), Hardware (Barcode, RFID)), Delivery Mode (On-premise, Cloud) and End User - Global Forecast to 2021
Markets and Markets
UNIT no 802, Tower no. 7, SEZ
Magarpatta city, Hadapsar
Pune, Maharashtra 411013, India