- To determine the market size for the food and beverages enzymes in India
- To determine the trend in industry revenues along with drivers and restraints
- To segment the market into product categories and present a detailed analysis across regions
- To present the competitive scenario across regions and product categories
- To give revenue forecasts from 2009 to 2016
- To study market metrics
Research methodology can broadly be classified into secondary (exploratory) and primary (confirmatory) research.
- Secondary Research: The first stage involves a thorough study and analysis of relevant articles and works published in the electronic and print media. This preliminary secondary information is gathered by tapping into company websites, industry magazines, research publications, and published market reports
- Primary Research: Primary research involved conducting expert interviews and discussions with industry experts from different functions including sales, marketing, strategic planning, supply-chain, research, manufacturing, and so on.
This market research study analyses the Indian food and beverages enzymes market from 2006 to 2016. The base year of the research is 2009. There are several food and beverages segments that implement enzymes: The report has chosen segments, which have relatively higher consumption and potential for suppliers. This research service mainly focuses on the enzymes used in food and beverage products which directly or indirectly go for human consumption. The key applications studied are:
- Bakery enzymes
- Dairy enzymes
- Fruit-processing and wine-making enzymes
- Brewery enzymes
- Distillation enzymes
- Starch and sugar-processing enzymes
- Other food enzymes: digestive enzymes, meat processing enzymes, and so on
The Food enzymes market is in the growing stage of its product lifecycle. Improved R&D, end-user awareness about the role of enzymes in enhancing taste, quality, convenience, and finally, the natural way of synthesizing enzymes are some of the key factors leading to the increasing market for food and beverages enzymes.
- The market is controlled by MNCs such as Novozymes South Asia Pvt. Ltd., Danisco (India) Pvt Ltd, DSM Nutritional Products India Pvt. Ltd, Chr. Hansen (India) Pvt Ltd, and so on. with their competitive quality products. They are also the global key participants for enzymes.
- There are several domestic enzyme manufacturers, but a very few companies manufacturing food enzymes. High R&D capital, unclear regulations, and an import-dominated market are some of the reasons leading to fewer domestic participants in the food and beverages sector.
- Domestic companies accounted for a minor chunk of the total market. However, the share has been increasing over the last three to four years as these companies realize the huge potential of food enzymes. These market participants are currently enhancing their R&D facilities and staff, sophisticated manufacturing plants, and a comprehensive distribution network.