Pet Wearable Market by Component (GPS Chips, RFID Chips, Sensors, Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth Chips, Processors, Memory, Displays, Batteries), Product (Smart Collars, Smart Cameras, Smart Harnesses), and Region - Global Forecast to 2024
The Pet Wearable Market is expected to reach USD 1,718 million by 2024 at a 19.6% CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the market is attributed to the increasing concerns toward pet health and wellbeing, rising pet population & pet humanization, surging demand for IoT in pet tracking devices, and growing expenditure on pets due to high disposal income.
Smart collars to be the largest contributor to pet wearable market during the forecast period
The smart pet collar is a device that connects wirelessly to a smartphone through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and provides insights into pet such as their location, training activity, and more. It is a multi-purpose tool, unlike the existing traditional collar. This collar allows pet owners to track their pet using GPS technology, communicate with others using an LED display on the outside of the collar, and monitor, track and receive information and alerts about your pet wearable market.
Pet owners will also be able to check in on some health features of their pet. Growing demand from working individuals for pet monitoring is one of the primary growth factors for the smart-connected pet collars market. The rate of employment is increasing steadily around the world, and due to hectic lifestyle and long working hours, pet owners’ demands for smart-connected collars that enable them to connect with their pets from their workplace is rapidly increasing.
The pet wearable market for sensor-based smart harnesses is projected to grow at highest CAGR during the forecast period
Smart harness equipped with numerous technologies and sensors to sense and monitor the pet’s posture, body language, and the sounds it makes. The smart harness also includes physiological sensors that monitor the pet’s heart rate and body temperature. The sensors not only track a dog's physical well-being but can offer information on a dog's emotional state, such as whether it is excited or stressed. The technology could be particularly useful for guiding dogs and monitoring their health. For example, a Japanese company created a harness-like device called Inupathy. It monitors the heart rate of pets; the device uses a sensor to analyses a dog’s heartbeat variation and contains multicolored LEDs that represent the emotional state of these pets. This allows owners to understand their pets better and maintain a strong bonding with them.
North America to continue to hold the largest market share during the forecast period
Increasing trend toward pet adoption and humanization, growing disposable income, and increasing per capita animal healthcare expenditure are the major growth drivers of the market. In addition, rising awareness of pet health and increasing adoption of innovative pet care products by growing number of tech-savvy owners are a few other significant factors for driving the growth of the pet wearable market in North America.
Key Market Players
Whistle Labs (US), PetPace (US), Garmin (US), FitBark (US), Tractive (Austria), Link AKC (US), Motorola (US), Num’Axes /EYENIMAL (France), KYON (Greece), Scollar (US), GoPro (US), and Felcana (UK) are among the major players in the pet wearable market.
Whistle Labs (US) is one of the prominent companies in the pet wearable market. It is pursuing a strategy focused on offering a comprehensive product portfolio to address pet wearable applications, such as location tracking, activity & rest monitoring, and also provides location alerts if pets leave custom safe places. The launch of Whistle 3, in January 2017, strengthened its product portfolio in the market. To broaden its product portfolio, the company has adopted the acquisition strategy wherein it acquired Tagg in January 2015, with a purpose to build solutions to monitor a pet’s location, health, and activity level, which strengthens its position as a key provider or a leading player in the market. Furthermore, the acquisition of Whistle Labs in March 2016, by Mars Petcare (US), the global leader in the pet industry, is another breakthrough, which is expected to contribute to the growth of this company in the pet wearable market.
Pet Wearable Market Scope
|Estimated Market Size||USD 703 Million|
|Projected market Size||USD 1,718 Million|
Market size availability years
Value (USD) in million / billion
Product, Component, and Geography
North America, APAC, Europe, and RoW
Whistle Labs (US), PetPace (US), Garmin (US), FitBark (US), Tractive (Austria), Link AKC (US), Motorola (US), Num’Axes /EYENIMAL (France), KYON (Greece), Scollar (US), GoPro (US), and Felcana (UK).
Pet Wearable Market Segmentation:
The global pet wearable market, in this research report, has been segmented based on product, component, and geography
Market, by Product:
- Smart Collars
- Smart Cameras
- Smart Harnesses
Pet Wearable Market, by Component:
- GPS Chips
- RFID Chips
- Bluetooth Chips
- Wi-Fi Chips
- Cellular Chips
Market, by Region:
- North Americas
Pet Wearable Market
Global Pet Wearable Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.6%.
Pet Wearable Market and top components
The major components of pet wearable market are:
connectivity integrated circuits, s
- GPS CHIPS - A GPS chip in the pet tracker helps to track the pet’s location and sends data to the cloud and the owner’s smartphone via the cellular network. GPS technology can precisely pinpoint an animal’s location and alert owners whenever their pet goes missing or is stolen.
- RFID CHIPS - RF trackers use radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology, which helps in tracking pet animals. This technology is based on the properties of electromagnetic fields. It uses these properties to track the location of any pet that has an RFID tag attached to its collar or installed in it with the help of RFID readers.
- CONNECTIVITY INTEGRATED CIRCUITS - Connectivity chips help pet wearable devices to connect with each other and the Internet. Pet trackers use a combination of connectivity technologies, such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular, to track pets location and activities with the help of apps installed on a phone with an efficient battery.
- SENSORS - Pet wearable devices comprise sensors that precisely work in conjunction with the other pet wearable technologies such as GPS trackers and RF trackers. Sensors collect information about the pet’s vital signs and analyze the collected data to alerts pet owners with first signs of any trouble.
- PROCESSORS - A processor comprises microcontrollers, application-specific processors, and digital signal processors. To meet the requirements of a pet wearable device or system to support real-time data monitoring and analytics, adequate processing hardware is required that consumes less power.
- MEMORY - The need for improved memory space in various pet wearable applications is increasing with the growing number of connected devices. With the rising trend of miniaturized smart devices, the demand for separate data processing and storage systems is increasing.
- DISPLAYS - Wearable displays are used for viewing information about pets’ surroundings, tracking their vital signs, or data related to health and fitness
- BATTERIES - There is a significant demand for small and energy-efficient rechargeable batteries for use in pet wearable devices. Most pet wearables today are powered using lithium-ion or lithium-polymer batteries, which have limited lifespans.
Pet Wearable Market and top companies
The top companies operating in pet wearable market includes:
Whistle Labs (US),
Link AKC (US),
Num’Axes /EYENIMAL (France),
GoPRo (US), and
- Whistle Labs – The company offers a GPS pet tracker and activity monitor, which combines the GPS pet collar with a mobile application. This allows users to locate their pets and track their daily activities using a phone. Whistle pet tracker measures the pet’s activities, tracks day-to-day behaviour and long-term trends, and helps create healthy habits
- Tractive – The Tractive GPS Pet Tracker is a robust and waterproof tracker, which enables pet owners to locate pets anytime, anywhere, along with live tracking; the tracker also offers other features such as a virtual fence, location history, and location sharing with friends and family.
- Garmin – Garmin offers a series of products for dogs providing a range of functionality including GPS-enabled dog tracking, electronic dog training, and electronic bark correction. The products are offered under the Astro, Alpha, Atemos, PRO, Sport PRO, BarkLimiter, Delta, and Delta Smart product lines.
- FitBar – the company offers FitBark and FitBark2. FitBark2 is a dog activity and sleep monitor. It monitors activity levels, the quality of sleep, distance traveled, calories burned, and overall health and behaviour 24/7 with the help of a 3D accelerometer.
- PetPace – PetPace designs and manufactures wireless pet monitoring devices. It is majorly involved in building remote pet health and wellbeing monitoring solutions that track vital signs in real time and utilize advanced analytical methods and alerting models.
Pet Wearable Market and top products
The pet wearable market, by product, is segmented into:
- Smart Collars – A smart pet collar connects wirelessly to smartphones through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and even cellular network. A smart collar provides insights about the pet’s location, training, activity, health, and more.
- Smart Cameras – Pet cameras are designed especially for capturing the pet’s actions directly on his collar. These cameras help owners monitor their pet’s behaviour when they’re out of sight. The smart pet cameras record videos with audios on its built-in flash memory.
- Smart Harnesses – A smart harness is fastened around a pet’s body and is equipped with numerous technologies and sensors to sense and monitor the pet’s posture, body language, and the sounds it makes. Wireless sensors are used to determine the pet’s activities, even when they're out of sight.
Critical questions the report answers
- Where will all the developments take the industry in the mid to long term?
- What are the different products that are expected to drive the demand for market during the forecast period?
- Which are the key strategies adopted by leading companies in market?
- What are the trends prevalent in the pet wearable market?
- Which components are expected to drive the market?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
"Which region hold the largest market share of the global pet wearable market in 2019.?"
"North America accounts for largest market share. The increasing trend of pet adoption and humanization, growing disposable income, and rising per capita expenditure on animal healthcare are the factors driving the growth of the pet wearable market in this region."
Which are the key strategies adopted by leading companies in the pet wearable market?
"Product launches and developments have been the major strategy adopted by the leading players to grow in the market remain competitive in the market."
What are the trends prevalent in the market?
Surging demand for IoT in pet tracking devices, increasing concerns toward pet health and well being, rising pet population and pet humanization are the major factors driving the growth of this market
What are the different products that are expected to drive the demand for market during the forecast period?
"A smart connected pet collar drive the demand for market during the forecast period. It connects wirelessly to your smartphone through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and provides you insights about your pet health and security, such as their location, training activity, and more"
Who are the leading vendors operating in this market?
Whistle Labs (US), PetPace (US), Garmin (US), FitBark (US), Tractive (Austria), Link AKC (US), Motorola (US), Num’Axes /EYENIMAL (France), KYON (Greece), Scollar (US), GoPRo (US), and Felcana (UK) are some of the major players in the market .
To speak to our analyst for a discussion on the above findings, click Speak to Analyst
Table of Contents
1 Introduction (Page No. - 12)
1.1 Study Objectives
1.3 Study Scope
1.3.1 Markets Covered
1.3.2 Geographic Scope
1.3.3 Years Considered
1.5 Package Size
2 Research Methodology (Page No. - 15)
2.1 Research Data
2.1.1 Secondary Data
220.127.116.11 Key Data From Secondary Sources
2.1.2 Primary Data
18.104.22.168 Key Data From Primary Sources
22.214.171.124 Key Industry Insights
126.96.36.199 Breakdown of Primaries
2.2 Market Size Estimation
2.2.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.2.2 Top-Down Approach
2.3 Market Breakdown and Data Triangulation
2.4 Research Assumptions
3 Executive Summary (Page No. - 22)
4 Premium Insights (Page No. - 26)
4.1 Attractive Opportunities in Pet Wearable Market
4.2 Market, By Product (Thousand Units)
4.3 Market for Sensors, By Product (Thousand Units)
4.4 Market in APAC
4.5 Market, By Geography
5 Market Overview (Page No. - 29)
188.8.131.52 Surging Demand for IoT in Pet Tracking Devices
184.108.40.206 Increasing Concerns Toward Pet Health and Well Being
220.127.116.11 Rising Pet Population and Pet Humanization
18.104.22.168 Growing Expenditure on Pets Due to High Disposal Income
22.214.171.124 High Power Consumption and Limited Battery Life of Pet Wearable Devices
126.96.36.199 Rapid Advancements in Wan and Lpwan Technologies
188.8.131.52 Exponential Demand for Pet Wearables From Developing Countries in APAC
184.108.40.206 High Cost and Requirement for Continuous Subscriptions
6 Market, By Component (Page No. - 33)
6.1 GPS Chips
6.2 RFID Chips
6.3 Connectivity Integrated Circuits
6.3.1 Bluetooth Chips
6.3.2 Wi-Fi Chips
6.3.3 Cellular Chips
7 Pet Wearable Market, By Product (Page No. - 40)
7.2 Smart Collars
7.2.1 Smart Collars Accounted for The Largest Share of The Overall Pet Wearable Market in 2018.
7.3 Smart Cameras
7.3.1 Potential of AI to Bring New Capabilities to Pet Smart Camera Market
7.4 Smart Harnesses
7.4.1 Smart Harness Expected to Grow at Highest CAGR During The Forecast Period
8 Market, By Region (Page No. - 46)
8.2 North America
220.127.116.11 US Accounted for Largest Share of North American Market in 2018
18.104.22.168 Pet Ownership is on Rise in Canada
22.214.171.124 Mexico is Third-Largest Country in North American Market in 2018
126.96.36.199 Growing Dog Population Increases Demand for Pet Health and Fitness Trackers in UK
188.8.131.52 Increasing Trend of Pet Humanization
184.108.40.206 Higher Focus on Pet Health in France
8.4 Asia Pacific
220.127.116.11 Rising Focus on Pet Ownership
18.104.22.168 China Held Largest Market Share of Market in APAC
22.214.171.124 Australian Market is Also Trending Toward Pet Humanization
8.5.1 South America
126.96.36.199 Rise in Pet Population Contributes to Continual Growth of Pet Wearable Industry
8.5.2 Middle East & Africa
188.8.131.52 Market in MEA is at Emerging Stage and has Significant Potential for Growth During Forecast Period
9 Competitive Landscape (Page No. - 59)
9.2 Market Ranking Analysis: Market
9.3 Competitive Situations and Trends
9.3.1 Product Launches and Developments
9.3.2 Partnerships and Collaborations
9.4 Competitive Leadership Mapping
9.4.1 Visionary Leaders
9.4.3 Dynamic Differentiators
9.4.4 Emerging Companies
10 Company Profiles (Page No. - 64)
10.1 Key Players
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View)*
10.1.3 MotoRoLA Mobiltiy (Binatone)
10.1.5 Whistle Labs
10.1.7 Link AKC (WAGZ)
10.1.8 Num’axes (Eyenimal)
* Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View Might Not Be Captured in Case of Unlisted Companies.
10.2 Other Companies
10.2.4 Pod Trackers
11 Appendix (Page No. - 86)
11.1 Insights From Industry Experts
11.2 Discussion Guide
11.3 Knowledge Store: Marketsandmarkets’ Subscription Portal
11.4 Available Customizations
11.5 Related Reports
11.6 Author Details
List of Tables (33 Tables)
Table 1 Pet Wearable Market for GPS Chips, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 2 Market for RFID Chips, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 3 Market for Bluetooth Chips, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 4 Market for Wi-Fi Chips, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 5 Market for Cellular Chips, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 6 Market for Sensors, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 7 Market for Processors, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 8 Market for Memory, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 9 Market for Displays, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 10 Market for Batteries, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 11 Market for Other Components, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 12 Global Market, By Product, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 13 Global Market, By Product, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 14 Market for Smart Collars, By Component, 2016–2024 (Million Units)
Table 15 Market for Smart Collars, By Region, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 16 Market for Smart Cameras, By Component, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 17 Market for Smart Cameras, By Region, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 18 Market for Smart Harnesses, By Component, 2016–2024 (Thousand Units)
Table 19 Market for Smart Harnesses, By Region, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 20 Global Market, By Region, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 21 Market in North America, By Product, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 22 Market in North America, By Country, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 23 Market in Europe, By Product, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 24 Market in Europe, By Country, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 25 Market in APAC, By Product, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 26 Market in APAC, By Country, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 27 Market in RoW, By Product, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 28 Market in RoW, By Region, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 29 Wearable Market in South America, By Country, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 30 Market in Middle East & Africa, By Region, 2016–2024 (USD Million)
Table 31 Product Launches and Developments (2016–2019)
Table 32 Partnerships and Collaborations (2016–2018)
Table 33 Acquisitions (2015–2018)
List of Figures (21 Figures)
Figure 1 Market Segmentation
Figure 2 Market: Research Design
Figure 3 Data Triangulation
Figure 4 Process Flow of Market Size Estimation
Figure 5 Market in Terms of Value and Volume (2016–2024)
Figure 6 Smart Collars to Hold Largest Size of Market From 2019 to 2024
Figure 7 Market, By Component, in Terms of Volume, 2016–2024
Figure 8 Market in APAC Witnessed Highest CAGR, in Terms of Value, in 2018
Figure 9 Rising Pet Population and Pet Humanization to Spur The Growth of Market During Forcaste Period
Figure 10 Smart Collars to Record Largest Shipment During Forecast Period
Figure 11 Smart Collars to Hold Largest Size, in Terms of Volume, By 2024
Figure 12 China Was Largest Shareholder of Market, in Terms of Value, in APAC in 2018
Figure 13 US to Hold Largest Share of Market, in Terms of Value, By 2018
Figure 14 Market Dynamics
Figure 15 Market in APAC to Grow at Highest CAGR During Forecast Period
Figure 16 North America: Market Snapshot
Figure 17 Europe: Pet Wearable Market Snapshot
Figure 18 Key Growth Strategies Adopted By Top Companies, 2015–2019
Figure 19 Market Ranking of Top 5 Players in Market, 2018
Figure 20 Market (Global) Competitive Leadership Mapping, 2018
Figure 21 Garmin: Company Snapshot
The study involved four major activities for estimating the current market size of the pet wearable market. Exhaustive secondary research was conducted to collect information on the market, as well as its peer and parent markets. The next step involved the validation of these findings, assumptions, and sizing with industry experts across the value chain, i.e., through primary research. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches were employed to estimate the overall market size. Thereafter, market breakdown and data triangulation were used to estimate the market size of segments and subsegments.
In the secondary research process, various secondary sources have been referred to for identifying and collecting information important for this study. These secondary sources include American Pet Products Association (APPA); Association for Pet Obesity Prevention (APOP); Pet Food Manufacturers Association; World Pet Association (WPA); journals; press releases and financials of companies; white papers and certified publications and articles from recognized authors; directories; and databases.
In the primary research process, various primary sources from both supply and demand sides have been interviewed to obtain qualitative and quantitative information important for this report. Primary sources from the supply side include industry experts such as CEOs, VPs, marketing directors, technology and innovation directors, and related executives from key companies and organizations operating in the pet wearable amplifier market. After complete market engineering (including calculations regarding market statistics, market breakdown, market size estimations, market forecasting, and data triangulation), extensive primary research has been conducted to gather information, as well as verify and validate the critical numbers arrived at.
To know about the assumptions considered for the study, download the pdf brochure
Market Size Estimation
In the complete market engineering process, both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been implemented, along with several data triangulation methods, to estimate and validate the size of the pet wearable market and other dependent submarkets listed in this report.
- Key players in the industry and markets have been identified through extensive secondary research.
- The market size, in terms of value and volume, has been determined through primary and secondary research processes.
- All percentage shares, splits, and breakdowns have been determined using secondary sources and verified through primary sources.
After arriving at the overall market size from the estimation process explained above, the global market has been split into several segments and subsegments. To complete the overall market engineering process and arrive at exact statistics for all segments and subsegments, market breakdown and data triangulation procedures have been employed, wherever applicable. The data have been triangulated by studying various factors and trends related to different verticals, identified from both demand and supply sides. Along with this, the market size has been validated using both top-down and bottom-up approaches.
The following are the major objectives of the study.
- To describe and forecast the pet wearable market, in terms of value, segmented based on product, component, and region
- To describe and forecast the market size, in terms of value, for various segments with regard to four main regions—North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW)
- To describe and forecast the pet wearable market, in terms of volume, segmented based on product and component
- To provide detailed information regarding drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges influencing the growth of the market
- To strategically analyze the micromarkets1 with respect to the individual growth trends, prospects, and contribution to the overall market
- To provide a detailed overview of the value chain pertaining to the pet wearable ecosystem
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for various stakeholders by identifying the high-growth segments of the pet wearable market
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market position in terms of ranking and core competencies2, along with detailing the competitive landscape for the market leaders
- To analyze prime growth strategies, such as partnerships and joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, product launches and developments, expansions, and research and development, implemented by the key players in the pet wearable market
With the given market data, MarketsandMarkets offers customizations according to the company's specific needs. The following customization options are available for this report:
- Market size for 2021 and 2023 for product, component, and geography
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to 5)
Growth opportunities and latent adjacency in Pet Wearable Market
I want to understand the major region and specific interest to U.S. and china. Have you covered this in pet wearable studyjQuery18005392677948146241_1600745325304
What are the product which you have considered? Do you have such information qualitative or quantitative?
We are a start-up and have invented a new type of sensors. I would like to understand the use of Smart Devices and its impact on pet wearable market.
I want to understand the major region and specific interest to U.S and china. Have you covered this in pet wearable study?
What are the major applications and the future trends in the market for pet wearable sensors? Have you considered IoT or smart sensors in the scope of the report?
Have you provided market size of each component covered in pet wearables like GPS Chips, RFID Chips, Sensors, Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth Chips, Processors, Memory, Displays and Batteries.