Ultra-Wideband Market by Application (RTLS, Imaging, Communication), Positioning system (Indoor, Outdoor), Vertical (Healthcare, Automotive & Transportation, Manufacturing, Consumer Electronics, Residential, Retail), & Geography - Global Forecast to 2025
Ultra-wideband Market and Top Companies
- Qorvo, Inc. (US) −In February 2020, Qorvo, a leading provider of innovative RF solutions that connect the world, completed its acquisition of Decawave. The company is engaged in designing and manufacturing of integrated circuits for real-time location and communication systems based on its UWB wireless technology platform. The UWB Products offered by Decawave support the IEEE802.15.4-2011 standard and offer precision in line of sight applications. The company’s DW1000 is a single-chip CMOS that offers superior multipath immunity and location accuracy of nearly 10 cm. DWM1000 chip offers a data rate of up to 6.8 Mbps in wireless sensor networks (WSN).
- Apple, Inc. (US) − Apple designs, manufactures, and markets smartphones, personal computers, tablets, wearables, and accessories, and offers a wide range of related services. The company has designed U1 chips that use ultra-wideband technology for spatial awareness, e.g., allows iPhone 11 to precisely locate other U1-equipped Apple devices. These chips are currently used in iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro. This technology allows iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro to precisely locate other U1-equipped Apple devices.
- Humatics Corporation (US) − 5D Robotics acquired by Humatics is a global company that offers a combination of proprietary software, proprietary hardware, on-board sensors, and complex algorithms (all created by world leaders in the fields of AI, radio-frequency navigation, ultra-wideband technology, and robotics). The company operates in the positioning module and navigation software platform technology. In July 2016, the company acquired Time Domain (US), a developer of ultra-wideband products, to innovate its products for autonomous.
- Pulse~LINK (US) − Pulse~LINK, is a fabless semiconductor company. The company predominantly is engaged in the UWB communication with more than 300 issued and pending patents. It offers UWB chipsets for both wireless and wired communication networks. The company’s UWB chipset offers high-speed wireless and wired connectivity over coaxial cable for operating range up to 10 meters.
- BeSpoon (France) – BeSpoon is a fabless semiconductor company. The company provides 3D RTLS solutions with multi-tag tracking configuration, which helps to track positions of products and employees. BeSpoon designed chips that could detect items or individuals within a few centimeters or over long ranges. To accomplish this task, the company measured the time of flight of a UWB signal with an accuracy of 125 picoseconds.
- Zebra Technologies (US) – Zebra Technologies is engaged in the designing, manufacturing, and sale of specialty printing devices used in several applications that help to increase productivity, deliver better customer service, and offer effective security features. Zebra Technologies offers an extensive portfolio of marking and tracking products using the UWB technology, which enables organizations to track the location, condition, timing, and accuracy of events occurring throughout their value chain in real-time.
- NXP Semiconductors NV (Netherlands) – NXP Semiconductors is a leader in providing secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications. The company’s target markets include automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, smart home, smart city, and communication infrastructure. NXP Semiconductors’ UWB technology helps in processing contextual information in real-time, such as position, movement, and distance, which enables decision making with low-power and high granularity. The company’s UWB solutions enable accurate location tracking, for instance, door and entry point opens when a person approaches it, and the lights, audio speakers, and any other connected devices with sensors follow the user from one place to another.
Ultra-wideband Market and Top End-user Industries
- Consumer Electronics − UWB would be the fastest-growing technology, which is expected to significantly improve the consumer’s experience related to home entertainment products, such as TVs, laptops, and audio equipment. UWB enables wireless connections at speeds of 110 Mbit/s and greater, making it perfect for connecting televisions to DVD players and recorders, personal video recorders (PVRs), and home audio equipment. UWB meets the low power requirements of handheld electronics and provides the low-cost solution necessary for wide consumer adoption.
- Healthcare −UWB technology is widely used in RTLS solutions for tracking and monitoring hospital assets, patients, healthcare professionals, and hygiene inside the hospitals. Hospitals across North America and Europe spend a considerable amount toward replacing lost equipment and looking after medical equipment and people both personnel and patients. In most cases, the precise location of the assets is the key parameter considered while designing RTLS solutions for the healthcare vertical. All these factors have created huge opportunities for UWB-based RTLS solutions, which are usually used to track and monitor assets and people to increase the efficient workflow and enhanced patient throughput.
- Retail − Retailers are looking for location-related information of products and employees in the store, combined with the ability to uniquely identify customers, employees, and goods in real time. Using traditional techniques such as papers and barcodes, the stock-related information is lost while being distributed as the labels fell off, and the paperwork gets lost in retail stores. However, UWB-based tags provide the line of sight of the stock and staff, thereby ensuring speed and process efficiency.
- Manufacturing − The manufacturing vertical poses a huge market potential for UWB-based RTLS solutions, mainly because of the rising adoption of RTLS solutions due to their asset, tool, and employee tracking and supply chain management capabilities, which are essential to get real-time data and improve the visibility of manufacturing processes in growing manufacturing companies in developing regions such as Asia Pacific and RoW. UWB-based RTLS solutions can also track and monitor telemetry conditions such as humidity, pressure, and temperature of remote assets and vessels, which improves the safety of workers and helps manage asset integrity.
- Automotive & Transportation − Automotive and transportation industry has witnessed arrays of new and emerging applications for UWB technology. Since the past few years, wireless technology is majorly used in automobiles for the radio reception and navigation purposes. Additionally, the introduction of advanced features in automobiles such as keyless entry and tire pressure monitoring has also led to the higher adoption of wireless data transmission techniques. In these techniques, wireless narrowband solutions are used to ensure high reliability under the heterogeneous environment inside the automobiles.
Ultra-wideband Market and Top Applications
- RTLS − UWB is one of the fastest-growing technologies adopted in RTLS systems, with a huge growth potential due to its accuracy in tracking assets. A UWB-based RTLS system is a combination of hardware and software, forming an all-in-one platform, which operates in a large bandwidth spectrum that is generally greater than 500 MHz and is characterized by high accuracy. A UWB system can estimate positions based on received signal strength or time of arrival modes. The high accuracy in terms of location tracking of any object at a certain distance offered by the UWB solution makes it an ideal choice for several industrial applications, particularly in manufacturing. Indoor tracking in industrial environments requires precise localization.
[137 Pages] The Ultra-wideband (UWB) Market is projected to grow from USD 1.1 billion in 2020 to USD 2.7 Billion in 2025, at a CAGR of 19.6% between 2021-2025.
UWB is a wireless communication technology in which short pulses are transmitted over a wide spectrum of frequency bands with very low power consumption. UWB is ideally used for short-range data transmissions (less than 10 meters) in wireless personal area network (WPAN) applications. Major factors driving the growth of the UWB market include growing demand for UWB technology in RTLS applications, increasing adoption of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Ultra-wideband (UWB) Market Forecast to 2025
To know about the assumptions considered for the study, Request for Free Sample Report
UWB wireless technology uses extremely narrow radio frequency (RF) pulses to enable communication between transmitters and receivers; hence, it is fundamentally different from other communication technologies. Other predominant personal area network (PAN) protocols such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are based on spread spectrum signal structuring. UWB technology utilizes short-duration RF pulses for the purpose of communication, thereby offering a very wide bandwidth and several advantages such as large throughput, robustness to jamming, covertness, and coexistence with current radio services.
The UWB market, by positioning system, has been broadly classified into indoor and outdoor. The high bandwidth provides more data throughput, which is suitable for precision imaging and location devices in an indoor environment. Besides its higher data rate, UWB technology has several other advantages such as data security, greater resistance to noise, higher jamming resistance, lower power consumption, greater multipath immunity, and higher penetration ability over its counterparts. All these qualities make UWB one of the preferred wireless communication technologies for applications in the government, military, and healthcare verticals.
Ultra-Wideband Market Dynamics:
Driver: Proliferation of UWB technology in RTLS application
Ultra-wideband technology is one of the fastest-growing technologies with a huge growth potential due to its accuracy in tracking assets. UWB-powered RTLS solutions operate in a large bandwidth spectrum, generally greater than 500 MHz and are characterized by high accuracy. a UWB system can also work in a time of arrival mode. Also, UWB signals provide high security and reliability. Moreover, its high-bandwidth and low-frequency signals can pass through several obstacles, including walls. Ubisense Group Plc. (UK) offers UWB-based RTLS solutions for industries including automotive manufacturing, aerospace manufacturing, transportation, and defense. Zebra Technologies (US) is another major player in this segment that offers UWB-RTLS solutions for tracking assets and personnel in the healthcare and manufacturing industries. The use of UWB technology based RTLS solutions in the manufacturing plants help stakeholders to make timely decisions to improve productivity, reduce waste, and effective asset utilization.
Restraint: High competition from substitute products
UWB technology has failed in achieving mass-volume application to get the benefit of economy of scale, whereas Bluetooth has succeeded in capturing market share, in terms of volume, in consumer electronics due to which the price of Bluetooth is the lowest among all wireless communication protocols. UWB was expected to be the most dominant technology for wireless USB during the early commercialization period. However, lack of digital keys and lower data rates than what was promised by UWB players have led to their downfall. According to many experts, UWB was expected to replace Bluetooth and other wireless communication technologies in keyboards, audio systems, PCs, and smartphones. However, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are the dominating wireless communication technologies in these segments. The high cost of UWB technology, along with technological advancements in other wireless technologies in terms of data speed and power consumption are the major competitive factors that may impact the adoption of UWB technologies.
Opportunity: Growing deployment of UWB technology in mobile devices
UWB is becoming a promising technology in many fields, and commercial products such as mobile devices and smartphones are one of the most promising aspects wherein this technology is used. Apple has recently released UWB-based smartphones—iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max—to enable communication between devices, track physical objects, and even show the on-screen location using augmented reality. Apple’s introduction of UWB in its iPhones would lead to the adoption of UWB in android phones as well, considering the intense competition in this market. In August 2019, industry players such as the ASSA ABLOY Group, HID, NXP, Samsung, Bosch, Sony, LitePoint, and TTA established the FiRa Consortium, a non-profit organization that promotes the use of UWB technology. With such developments, UWB technology is likely to be adopted in other electronic devices.
Challenge: Complexities in channel estimation for UWB communications
Channel estimation is one of the crucial parameters in the designing of receiver for implementation in various wireless communications network. The receiver integrated for the UWB-based wireless communication system connects the received signal through a predefined template signal. However, due to extreme wide bandwidth and low signal energy, the short pulse used with UWB technology go through pulse distortion, which further results in the complications of channel estimation undergoing in the UWB-based communication system. Moreover, the integration of large frequency band in UWB accelerates the antenna swap-out, and the complexity of antenna counts, which further increases the difficulty in channel estimation.
Ultra-Wideband Market Segment Insights:
Based on Application, Communication segment to dominate the ultra-wideband market in the year 2020
The demand for wireless wideband communications systems is majorly driven with its rising adoption in application such as mobile ad-hoc networking and collection of data through wireless sensor network. UWB wireless technology offers various advantages in these applications due to their high localization precision and narrow pulses. The sudden rise in communication applications for UWB as various companies are now using this technology in smartphones for mobile tracking services and better connectivity. Apple is one of the examples of implementing a UWB chip in its latest launched smartphones. The device equipped with Apple designed U1 chip are integrated with ultra-wideband technology, such as iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and iPhone 13 models. In the swiftly developing communication application, high data rate transition, covering a larger area, is required. Hence, UWB antennas are used for wireless communication. UWB antennas reduce the complexity and fabrication cost.
Based on positioning system, the Indoor segment registered the largest share during forecast timeframe
Based on positioning system, the ultra-wideband market has been classified into indoor and outdoor. Indoor is projected to hold the largest size of the ultra-wideband market from 2020 to 2025. Sensing the movement or detect the location of persons and objects in indoor environments is more challenging than that of in outdoor environment as it requires higher precision. UWB is an emerging technology that has shown better performance in indoor positioning. Indoor positioning systems (IPS) helps to determine the real-time position of an object in a physical space. The indoor positioning system are equipped with indoor navigation systems that can be used for blind and visually debilitated people. Moreover, the indoor positioning system are also integrated with locating devices mounted in buildings, which helps the visitors to locate an emergency exit in smoky environment, tracking expensive equipment, and tracking kids in crowded places.
Based on vertical, consumer electronics segment to hold largest market share
By vertical, the ultra-wideband market has been classified into consumer electronics, manufacturing, residential, healthcare, automotive & transportation, retail, and others. UWB technology is widely used in consumer electronics such as TVs, PCs, laptops, and smartphones. This technology helps to increase connectivity with a reduced number of cable connections and gives higher accuracy. Companies such as Intel, Apple, Huawei, Samsung, Xiaomi, NXP, Sony, Bosch, and Xtreme Spectrum are researching and investing in UWB technology. Apple has already deployed a UWB chip in its new iPhone models, enabling superior positioning accuracy. Also, NXP Semiconductors provides UWB solutions for secure transactions such as open- and closed-loop payment, fingerprint on the card, and mobile payment phone and wearables. With the increasing need for more precise location services and secure access to systems, the demand for UWB technology for use in consumer electronics is on the riseThus, consumer electronics is expected to be the largest market for UWB technology.
The North America region holds for the largest market share in 2021
North America is projected to be the largest UWB market during the forecast period. The growth is drin with the rising trend of smart homes and the growing penetration of home automation devices in the region. Factors such as recent development of UWB technology-based precision positioning systems and their utilization in healthcare RTLS and medical imaging applications are also expected to be the primary reasons for the growth of UWB market in North American. Moreover, the effective certification by the Canadian Certification and Engineering Bureau and independent Canadian Certification Bodies (CBs) is expected to create new growth opportunities for the UWB market in industrial automation, particularly in the mining and process industries, during the forecast period.
Ultra-wideband (UWB) Market by Region
To know about the assumptions considered for the study, download the pdf brochure
Key Market Players:
Some of the Major players in the Ultra-Wideband Market are DecaWave Ltd. (acquired by Qorvo (US)), Apple Inc. (US), Pulse Link, Inc. (US), NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Netherlands), Texas Instruments (US), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea), among others. These players have adopted various growth strategies such as contracts, joint ventures, partnerships & agreements, acquisitions, and new product launches to expand their presence in the Ultra-Wideband Market.
Decawave is one of the prominent players in the UWB market and is engaged in designing and manufacturing of integrated circuits for real-time location and communication systems based on its UWB wireless technology platform. The UWB Products offered by Decawave support the IEEE802.15.4-2011 standard and offer precision in line-of-sight applications. The company’s DW1000 is a single-chip CMOS that offers superior multipath immunity and location accuracy of nearly 10 cm. Decawave is planning to expand its geographic reach, owing to the massive success of DWM1000 chip. Moreover, Decawave’s collaboration with LG Innotek to develop the DWM1000 has helped in lowering the development cost of DWM1000. The company has partnered with various other companies, e.g., Sewio (Czech Republic), to develop UWB-based RTLS solution platform, which can be helpful for indoor management in the industrial environment with the help of its DWM1000 chip. The company should focus on developing more UWB-based chips for applications such as imaging and communication.
Pulse~LINK, is a fabless semiconductor company. The company predominantly is engaged in the UWB communication with more than 300 issued and pending patents. It offers UWB chipsets for both wireless and wired communication networks. The company’s UWB chipset offers high-speed wireless and wired connectivity over coaxial cable for operating range up to 10 meters. The company’s UWB chipset solutions offer Ethernet-like features. The Pulse~LINK PL3100 family consists of four integrated circuits, enabling CWave communication technology. PL3120 UWB transceiver and the PL3130 baseband components are the core circuits of the family. The company’s PL3120 UWB chip offers a media access control layer that supports the IEEE 802.15.3 standard.
Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Market Report Scope:
|Estimated Market Size||USD 1.1 Billion|
|Projected Market Size||USD 2.7 Billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 19.6%|
Market size available for years
On Demand Data Available
|Key Market Driver||Proliferation of UWB technology in RTLS application|
|Largest Growing Region||Asia Pacific (APAC)|
|Largest Market Share Segment||Indoor Segment|
This report categorizes the UWB market based on application, positioning system, vertical, and region.
UWB Market, by Application:
- Others (Ranging, Wireless USB, and Authentication)
UWB Market, by Positioning System:
UWB Market, by Vertical
- Automotive & Transportation
- Consumer Electronics
- Others (Government, Military, Agriculture, Sports, Education, and Research)
UWB Market, by Region:
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Middle East & Africa
- South America
Ultra-wideband (UWB) Market Highlights:
What is new?
- Major developments that can change the business landscape as well as market forecasts.
The staggering growth of IoT has allowed various communication technologies to be reintroduced, repurposed, and resurrected. The growing application of IIoT provides significant opportunities for UWB technology. Moreover, participants in the UWB value chain are also entering into new partnerships and collaborations with other participants to reduce R&D costs and reduce the time to market. Decawave (Ireland) has entered into a partnership with Quantitec (Germany) and Time Domain (US) (acquired by 5D Robotics Inc.) to improve the product life cycles.
- Addition/refinement in segmentation–Increase the depth or width of market segmentation.
Ultra-wideband Market, by Application
Ultra-wideband Market, by Positioning System
Ultra-wideband Market, by Vertical
- Automotive & Transportation
- Consumer Electronics
- Inclusion of new players and change in the market share of existing players – Ultra-wideband Market
Company profiles: Company profiles give a glimpse of the key players in the market with respect to their business overviews, financials, product offerings, recent developments undertaken by them, and MnM view. In the new edition of the report, we have a total of 19 players (10 major, 9 Startups/SME).
- Updated financial information and product portfolios of players operating in the Ultra-wideband Market
Newer and improved representation of financial information: The new edition of the report provides updated financial information in the context of the Ultra-wideband Market till 2017/2019 for each listed company in the graphical representation in a single diagram (instead of multiple tables). This would help to quickly analyze the present status of profiled companies in terms of their financial strength, profitability, key revenue-generating region/country, business segment focus in terms of the highest revenue-generating segment, and investment in research and development activities.
- Recent market developments of the profiled players
Recent Developments: Updated market developments such as contracts, joint ventures, partnerships & agreements, acquisitions, new product launches, investments, funding, and certification have been mapped for 2017 to 2020. For example in November 2019, NXP Semiconductors launched a new automotive UWB IC. The technology is designed to give spatial awareness to UWB-equipped cars, mobiles, and other smart devices, to enable cars to locate the user.
- In September 2022, NOVELDA has announced the launch of its new ultra-wideband occupancy sensor which helps to enhance the energy saving in building light automation with its configurable timeout and precise detection zone.
- In January 2020, Johanson Technology introduced a mini chip antenna p/n: 2450AD18A7250. This component is 3.2x1.6x0.5mm, occupies a total area on the PCB of 12x4mm, and provides excellent UWB + 2.4GHz radiation performance. Devices such as keyless remote entry (keyfob), portable payment systems, asset tracking, and location services need the necessary range for accuracy, for which this mini antennas are best suitable.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What is the current size of the Ultra-Wideband Market?
The Ultra-Wideband Market is projected to grow is projected to grow from USD 1.1 billion in 2020 to USD 2.7 Billion in 2025, at a CAGR of 19.6% between 2021-2025.
Who are the winners in the Ultra-Wideband Market?
DecaWave Ltd. (acquired by Qorvo (US)), Apple Inc. (US), Pulse Link, Inc. (US), NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Netherlands), Texas Instruments (US), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea).
What are the opportunities for new market entrants?
UWB is gaining significant opportunities in mobile devices and smartphones. UWB supports the communication between devices and helps to track physical objects with the help of disruptive technologies such as augmented reality. The integration of new technologies such as IoT and augmented reality lucrative market opportunity for new entrants in UWB technology.
What are the drivers and opportunities for the Ultra-Wideband Market?
The major factors driving the market's growth include the growing demand for UWB technology in RTLS applications; and increasing adoption of industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
What are the transmission technologies used in UWB?
UWB products use 2 types of transmission schemes: Multi-band Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (MB-OFDM) and Impulse Radio (IR). During its early commercialization stage, MB-OFDM-based UWB gained significant popularity due to its higher data transfer rates. However, most of the current players in the UWB market are using Impulse Radio (IR) UWB technology due to its higher localization accuracy and other benefits in terms of power efficiency and simplicity of design.
To speak to our analyst for a discussion on the above findings, click Speak to Analyst
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 INTRODUCTION (Page No. - 16)
1.1 STUDY OBJECTIVES
1.2 MARKET DEFINITION AND SCOPE
1.2.1 INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
1.3 STUDY SCOPE
1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED
1.6 MARKET STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY (Page No. - 20)
2.1 RESEARCH DATA
2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
126.96.36.199 Key data from secondary sources
2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
188.8.131.52 Key data from primary sources
2.1.3 SECONDARY AND PRIMARY RESEARCH
184.108.40.206 Key industry insight
220.127.116.11 Breakdown of primaries
2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
2.2.3 MARKET SHARE ESTIMATION
2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
2.4 RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (Page No. - 28)
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS (Page No. - 32)
4.1 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET, 2020–2025 (USD MILLION)
4.2 UWB MARKET, BY APPLICATION
4.3 UWB MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA, BY VERTICAL AND COUNTRY
4.4 UWB MARKET, BY POSITIONING SYSTEM
4.5 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET, BY VERTICAL
4.6 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET, BY REGION
5 MARKET OVERVIEW (Page No. - 35)
5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
18.104.22.168 Growing demand for UWB technology in RTLS applications
22.214.171.124 Increasing adoption of industrial Internet of Things (IoT)
126.96.36.199 High competition from substitute products
188.8.131.52 Interference from other narrowband wireless systems
184.108.40.206 New application areas of UWB technology in wireless sensor network
220.127.116.11 Growing deployment of UWB technology in mobile devices
18.104.22.168 Complexities in channel estimation for UWB communications
5.3 FREQUENCY BAND ALLOCATED FOR UWB TECHNOLOGY
5.4 COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF IEEE WPAN STANDARDS
5.4.1 UWB TRANSMISSION TECHNOLOGIES
6 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET, BY APPLICATION (Page No. - 43)
6.2.1 UWB-BASED RTLS SOLUTIONS ARE GAINING POPULARITY IN AUTOMOTIVE, TRANSPORTATION, AND MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES
6.3.1 UWB RADIO IS EMERGING TECHNOLOGY IN MEDICAL AND RADAR IMAGING APPLICATIONS
6.4.1 UWB COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ARE RECEIVING SIGNIFICANT ATTENTION IN MOBILE DEVICES
7 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET, BY POSITIONING SYSTEM (Page No. - 51)
7.2.1 HIGH DEMAND FOR UWB IN INDOOR ENVIRONMENT BECAUSE OF FEATURES SUCH AS HIGH ACCURACY LOCATION DETERMINATION AT VERY LOW POWER
7.3.1 LIMITED APPLICATIONS OF UWB FOR OUTDOOR POSITIONING
8 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET, BY VERTICAL (Page No. - 56)
8.2.1 UWB TECHNOLOGY IS WIDELY BEING ACCEPTED FOR SEVERAL MONITORING APPLICATIONS IN HEALTHCARE SECTOR
8.3 AUTOMOTIVE AND TRANSPORTATION
8.3.1 VEHICLE-TO-DEVICE AND VEHICLE-TO-INFRASTRUCTURE COMMUNICATION GAINED SIGNIFICANT CONSIDERATION FROM AUTOMOBILE MANUFACTURERS WORLDWIDE
8.4.1 MANUFACTURING VERTICAL POSES HUGE MARKET POTENTIAL FOR UWB-BASED RTLS SOLUTIONS
8.5 CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
8.5.1 INCREASE IN ADOPTION OF UWB TECHNOLOGY IN SMARTPHONES IS EXPECTED TO DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
8.6.1 RETAIL CHAINS USE UWB-BASED SOLUTIONS TO MANAGE STOCK LEVELS AND WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS
8.7.1 INDOOR LOCATION TRACKING IS MOST DOMINANT APPLICATION OF UWB TECHNOLOGY IN RESIDENTIAL ENVIRONMENT
9 GEOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS (Page No. - 68)
9.2 NORTH AMERICA
22.214.171.124 Consumer electronics and healthcare are major verticals witnessing higher adoption of UWB technology in US
126.96.36.199 UWB has gained momentum in automation and RTLS applications
188.8.131.52 UWB market is expect to witness significant growth in next few years
184.108.40.206 UWB-based RTLS solutions would fuel growth of market in UK
220.127.116.11 Automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing are major industries adopting UWB technology in Germany
18.104.22.168 ultra-wideband market has witnessed significant growth in France owing to industrial and home automation
22.214.171.124 Automotive is key industry adopting UWB technology in Italy
9.3.5 REST OF EUROPE
9.4 ASIA PACIFIC
126.96.36.199 China is expected to drive UWB market in APAC
188.8.131.52 Location services market in Japan has witnessed significant growth in recent years
9.4.3 SOUTH KOREA
184.108.40.206 South Korean UWB market is mainly driven by its residential and manufacturing industries
9.4.4 REST OF APAC
220.127.116.11 Consumer electronics and manufacturing are expected to be major contributors in growth of UWB market in Rest of APAC
9.5.1 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
18.104.22.168 Middle East & Africa has high-growth potential for UWB in RTLS/WSN applications
9.5.2 SOUTH AMERICA
22.214.171.124 Brazil is major contributor in growth of UWB market in South America
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE (Page No. - 95)
10.2 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING (OVERALL MARKET)
10.2.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
10.2.3 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
10.3 STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO (25 COMPANIES)
10.4 BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE (25 COMPANIES)
10.5 RANKING ANALYSIS OF KEY PLAYERS IN UWB MARKET IN 2019
10.6 COMPETITIVE SITUATIONS AND TRENDS:
10.6.1 ACQUISITIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
10.6.2 PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND DEVELOPMENTS
11 COMPANY PROFILES (Page No. - 104)
11.1 KEY PLAYERS
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View)*
11.1.3 5D ROBOTICS
11.1.6 ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES
11.1.7 NXP SEMICONDUCTORS
11.1.8 TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
11.1.9 JOHANSON TECHNOLOGY
11.2 RIGHT TO WIN
11.3 OTHER KEY PLAYERS
11.3.2 FRACTUS ANTENNAS
11.3.3 NANOTRON TECHNOLOGIES
* Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
11.3.4 SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
11.3.6 ROBERT BOSCH GMBH
11.3.9 STARIX TECHNOLOGY
12 APPENDIX (Page No. - 132)
12.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
12.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS’ SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
12.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
12.4 RELATED REPORTS
12.5 AUTHOR DETAILS
LIST OF TABLES (76 TABLES)
TABLE 1 3.1 GHZ TO 10.6 GHZ IS LEGALIZED FREQUENCY SPECTRUM FOR UWB TECHNOLOGY IN MOST PARTS OF WORLD
TABLE 2 IMPULSE RADIO (IR) UWB VS. MB-OFDM UWB
TABLE 3 UWB MARKET, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 4 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 5 UWB MARKET FOR RTLS/WSN APPLICATIONS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 6 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR RTLS/WSN APPLICATIONS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 7 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR IMAGING APPLICATIONS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 8 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR IMAGING APPLICATIONS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 9 UWB MARKET FOR COMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 10 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR COMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 11 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR OTHER APPLICATIONS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 12 UWB MARKET FOR OTHER APPLICATIONS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 13 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET, BY POSITIONING SYSTEM, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 14 UWB MARKET, BY POSITIONING SYSTEM, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 15 UWB MARKET FOR INDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEMS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 16 UWB MARKET FOR INDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEMS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 17 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR OUTDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEMS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 18 UWB MARKET FOR OUTDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEMS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 19 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 20 UWB MARKET, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 21 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR HEALTHCARE VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 22 UWB MARKET FOR HEALTHCARE VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 23 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE AND TRANSPORTATION VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 24 UWB MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE AND TRANSPORTATION VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 25 UWB MARKET FOR MANUFACTURING VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 26 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR MANUFACTURING VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 27 UWB MARKET FOR CONSUMER ELECTRONICS VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 28 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR CONSUMER ELECTRONICS VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 29 UWB MARKET FOR RETAIL VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 30 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR RETAIL VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 31 UWB MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 32 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET FOR RESIDENTIAL VERTICAL, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 33 UWB MARKET FOR OTHER VERTICALS, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 34 UWB MARKET FOR OTHER VERTICALS, BY REGION, 2017–2028 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 35 UWB MARKET, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 36 UWB MARKET, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 37 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 38 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA, BY APPLICATION,2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 39 UWB MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 40 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 41 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA, BY COUNTRY, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 42 UWB MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA, BY COUNTRY, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 43 UWB MARKET IN US, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 44 UWB MARKET IN CANADA, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 45 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN MEXICO, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 46 UWB MARKET IN EUROPE, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 47 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN EUROPE, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 48 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN EUROPE, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 49 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN EUROPE, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 50 UWB MARKET IN EUROPE, BY COUNTRY, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 51 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN EUROPE, BY COUNTRY, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 52 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN UK, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 53 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN GERMANY, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 54 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN FRANCE, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 55 UWB MARKET IN ITALY, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 56 UWB MARKET IN REST OF EUROPE, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 57 UWB MARKET IN APAC, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 58 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN APAC, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 59 UWB MARKET IN APAC, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 60 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN APAC, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 61 UWB MARKET IN APAC, BY COUNTRY, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 62 UWB MARKET IN APAC, BY COUNTRY, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 63 ULTRA-WIDEBAND MARKET IN CHINA, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 64 UWB MARKET IN JAPAN, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 65 UWB MARKET IN SOUTH KOREA, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 66 UWB MARKET IN REST OF APAC, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 67 UWB MARKET IN ROW, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 68 UWB MARKET IN ROW, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 69 UWB MARKET IN ROW, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 70 UWB MARKET IN ROW, BY VERTICAL, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 71 UWB MARKET IN ROW, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 72 UWB MARKET IN ROW, BY REGION, 2017–2025 (THOUSAND UNITS)
TABLE 73 UWB MARKET IN MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 74 UWB MARKET IN SOUTH AMERICA, BY APPLICATION, 2017–2025 (USD THOUSAND)
TABLE 75 ACQUISITIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS, 2018
TABLE 76 PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND DEVELOPMENTS, 2018–2019
LIST OF FIGURES (37 FIGURES)
FIGURE 1 UWB MARKET: RESEARCH DESIGN
FIGURE 2 RESEARCH FLOW OF MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
FIGURE 3 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION METHODOLOGY: BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
FIGURE 4 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION METHODOLOGY: TOP-DOWN APPROACH
FIGURE 5 DATA TRIANGULATION
FIGURE 6 ASSUMPTIONS OF RESEARCH STUDY
FIGURE 7 RTLS EXPECTED TO BE FASTEST-GROWING APPLICATION IN UWB MARKET DURING FORECAST PERIOD
FIGURE 8 AUTOMOTIVE AND TRANSPORTATION WOULD BE FASTEST-GROWING VERTICAL IN UWB MARKET DURING FORECAST PERIOD
FIGURE 9 INDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEMS TO ACCOUNT FOR LARGER SIZE OF UWB MARKET IN 2025
FIGURE 10 APAC EXPECTED TO WITNESS HIGHEST CAGR IN UWB MARKET DURING FORECAST PERIOD
FIGURE 11 GROWING DEMAND FOR UWB FOR USE IN RTLS AND COMMUNICATIONS SOLUTIONS IS EXPECTED TO DRIVE UWB MARKET GROWTH FROM 2020–2025
FIGURE 12 COMMUNICATION APPLICATION TO DOMINATE UWB MARKET, IN TERMS OF VOLUME, FROM 2020 AND 2025
FIGURE 13 CONSUMER ELECTRONICS ACCOUNTED FOR LARGEST SHARE OF UWB MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA IN 2019
FIGURE 14 INDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEMS TO CAPTURE LARGER SIZE OF UBW MARKET, IN TERMS OF VOLUME, IN 2025
FIGURE 15 AUTOMOTIVE AND TRANSPORTATION TO WITNESS HIGHEST CAGR IN UWB MARKET FROM 2020 TO 2025
FIGURE 16 NORTH AMERICA TO ACCOUNT FOR LARGEST SHARE OF UWB MARKET IN 2020
FIGURE 17 UWB MARKET: MARKET DYNAMICS
FIGURE 18 IEEE WIRELESS STANDARDS
FIGURE 19 COMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS TO CONTINUE TO ACCOUNT FOR LARGEST SIZE OF UWB MARKET DURING FORECAST PERIOD
FIGURE 20 INDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEMS TO HOLD LARGER MARKET SIZE, IN TERMS OF VALUE, DURING FORECAST PERIOD
FIGURE 21 APAC TO REGISTER HIGHEST CAGR IN UWB MARKET, IN TERMS OF VALUE, FOR INDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEM DURING FORECAST PERIOD
FIGURE 22 CONSUMER ELECTRONICS VERTICAL TO CONTINUE TO HOLD LARGEST SIZE OF UWB MARKET DURING FORECAST PERIOD
FIGURE 23 GEOGRAPHIC SNAPSHOT OF UWB MARKET (2020–2025)
FIGURE 24 SNAPSHOT OF UWB MARKET IN NORTH AMERICA
FIGURE 25 SNAPSHOT OF UWB MARKET IN EUROPE
FIGURE 26 SNAPSHOT OF UWB MARKET IN APAC
FIGURE 27 SNAPSHOT OF UWB MARKET IN ROW
FIGURE 28 PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND DEVELOPMENTS WERE KEY GROWTH STRATEGIES ADOPTED BY COMPANIES IN UWB MARKET, 2017–2019
FIGURE 29 UWB MARKET (GLOBAL) COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING, 2019
FIGURE 30 PRODUCT PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS OF TOP PLAYERS IN UWB MARKET
FIGURE 31 BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE OF TOP PLAYERS IN UWB MARKET
FIGURE 32 DECAWAVE LED UWB MARKET IN 2019
FIGURE 33 MARKET EVOLUTION FRAMEWORK – PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND DEVELOPMENTS EMERGED AS MAJOR GROWTH STRATEGIES ADOPTED BY PLAYERS IN UWB MARKET FROM 2017 TO 2019
FIGURE 34 APPLE: COMPANY SNAPSHOT
FIGURE 35 ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES: COMPANY SNAPSHOT
FIGURE 36 NXP SEMICONDUCTORS: COMPANY SNAPSHOT
FIGURE 37 TEXAS: COMPANY SNAPSHOT
The study involved 4 major activities in estimating the current size of the UWB market. Exhaustive secondary research has been conducted to collect information about the market, the peer market, and the parent market. Validating findings, assumptions, and sizing with industry experts through primary research has been the next step. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been employed to estimate the total market size. After that, market breakdown and data triangulation methods have been used to estimate the market size of segments and subsegments.
The research methodology used to estimate and forecast the size of the UWB market begins with capturing data on the revenues of key vendors in the market through secondary research. This study involves the use of extensive secondary sources, directories, and databases such as Hoovers, Bloomberg Businessweek, Factiva, and OneSource to identify and collect information useful for the technical and commercial study of the UWB market. Moreover, secondary sources include annual reports, press releases, and investor presentations of companies; white papers, certified publications, and articles from recognized authors; directories; and databases. Secondary research has been mainly carried out to obtain key information about the industry’s supply chain, the total pool of key players, market classification and segmentation according to industry trends, geographic markets, and key developments from both market- and technology-oriented perspectives.
In the primary research process, various primary sources from both supply and demand sides have been interviewed to obtain the qualitative and quantitative information relevant to the UWB market. Primary sources from the supply side include experts such as CEOs, vice presidents, marketing directors, technology and innovation directors, equipment providers, and related executives from various key companies and organizations operating in the UWB ecosystem.
To know about the assumptions considered for the study, download the pdf brochure
Market Size Estimation
Both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used to estimate and validate the overall size of the UWB market. These methods have also been used extensively to estimate the size of various market subsegments. The research methodology used to estimate the market size includes the following:
- Key players in significant applications and markets have been identified through extensive secondary research.
- The industry’s supply chain and market size, in terms of value, have been determined through primary and secondary research processes.
- All percentage shares, splits, and breakdowns have been determined using secondary sources and verified through primary sources.
After arriving at the overall market size using the estimation processes explained above, the market has been split into several segments and subsegments. To complete the overall market engineering process and arrive at the exact statistics of each market segment and subsegment, data triangulation, and market breakdown procedures have been employed, wherever applicable. The data has been triangulated by studying various factors and trends from both the demand and supply sides.
- To describe and forecast the ultra-wideband (UWB) market, in terms of value and volume, by application, positioning system, and vertical
- To describe and forecast the market, in terms of value and volume, with regard to 4 main regions—North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW), along with the respective countries
- To provide detailed information regarding major factors such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges that influence the growth of the global UWB market
- To analyze micromarkets1 with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the overall market
- To analyze opportunities in the market for various stakeholders by identifying high-growth segments of the UWB market
- To profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market positions in terms of their ranking and core competencies2
- To provide a detailed competitive landscape for the market leaders
- To analyze competitive developments such as product launches, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and agreements in the UWB market
With the given market data, MarketsandMarkets offers customizations according to the company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Product matrix that gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company
- Comprehensive coverage of funding/M&A activities, regulations followed in each region (North America, APAC, Europe, and RoW)
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to 5)
Growth opportunities and latent adjacency in Ultra-Wideband Market