Filter Market

Oil Filter & Fuel Filter Market - Market Leader

The global market for automotive oil and fuel filters is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.87% in terms of volume with revenue reaching $18.6 billion by 2018. By region, Asia-Pacific region is expected to show the largest volume for these filters followed by North America, Europe and Rest of the World (ROW). Based on market type, the aftermarket/replacement market is expected to a larger volume than the OE market. This can be owed to the reasons such as growing vehicle fleet and increasing usage of vehicles for commutation. By vehicle type, the passenger car segment is estimated to have the largest market share mainly due to the increasing production and population across the BRICS nations. The passenger car segment would be followed by LCV and HCV segments. In terms of filter type, the oil filter market volume is expected to be the highest, in comparison with fuel filter, which can be reasoned that the oil filters being a critical part of an engine, needs frequent changing than the fuel filters. The gasoline oil and fuel filters are expected to dominate the volume market in the coming years followed by the diesel counterparts. Globally, every year, the passenger cars produced are predominantly equipped with gasoline powertrain, but slowly diesel is increasing its market share in this vehicle segment owing to the technological advancements such as turbochargers and production of ultra-low sulfur diesel.

The automotive filtration market is occupied by few large and many small/medium players. Some of the notable names are Mann+Hummel (Germany), Affinia Group (U.S.), Fram/UCI (U.S.), Cummins Inc. (U.S.), Sogefi SpA (Italy), Donaldson Co. Inc. (U.S.), Mahle GmbH (German) and Clarcor Inc. (U.S.). These players account for about 61% of the market and the rest 39% is occupied by Denso Corp. (Japan) and many other small/medium players, which have their presence limited to a particular region.

In the automotive oil and fuel filters market, Mann+Hummel is the market leader. The company has excellent supply and distribution network across Europe and also globally compared to its peers. The company through its Automotive Original Equipment segment supplies these filters to the automotive OEMs and through Automotive Aftermarket segment to cater the aftermarket/replacement/ market demand.

MANN+HUMMEL is one of the leading suppliers of automotive oil and fuel filters across the globe. The companies R&D capabilities, wide & innovative product portfolio, and excellent supply network have been the key to its strong position in the market. The company recently launched the ‘HU 1291 z’ oil filter which has a very efficient filter media and a smaller packaging than the conventional oil filters, thus increasing filtration performance and reducing installation space. It has been further strengthening its position in the market through expansion into new and developing automotive markets such as Thailand and China, where the company sees potential for growth in the coming years. Apart from its plants and sales offices across 50 locations all over the world, the company set up a subsidiary in Thailand under ‘MANN AND HUMMEL (Thailand) LTD’ to distribute filter elements in the country. The company has also been stepping up its testing facilities in order to get a better idea of its product’s performance in the real world, which will help it improve its product line-up to better suit the demands from the automotive OE and aftermarket.

Related Reports:

Oil Filter & Fuel Filter Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, LCVs & HCVs), Market Type (OE & Aftermarket), Filter Type (Oil & Fuel), Fuel Type (Gasoline & Diesel) & Geography - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2018

Mr. Rohan
North - Dominion Plaza,
17304 Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas, TX 75252
Tel: +1-888-600-6441
Email: [email protected]

Filter Market Size,  Share & Growth Report
Report Code
AT 3547
RI Published ON
Choose License Type

This FREE sample includes market data points, ranging from trend analyses to market estimates & forecasts. See for yourself.

  • Call Us
  • +1-888-600-6441 (Corporate office hours)
  • +1-888-600-6441 (US/Can toll free)
  • +44-800-368-9399 (UK office hours)
©2024 MarketsandMarkets Research Private Ltd. All rights reserved Protection Status