Chief Revenue Officer Talk Series- 5 Steps to Successful CRO"Managing Revenue in a World Full of Disruption and Choice"
What keeps a business going? Its revenue, of course. Revenue growth is the number one requirement for most companies in the changing economic landscape. Growing business revenue can be a challenge. Even more challenging is achieving consistent revenue growth across the lifetime of a business. To address this challenge, several companies are restructuring their leadership framework to add a C-level position, a Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), to their team
There is a massive shift to digitally transformed and customer-focused marketing and the Customers' journey is more content-driven and engaging now. The key to businesses is the smooth transitions and effective management of sales pipeline and marketing resources.
In today's subscription-based economy, where companies are investing big time in annuity revenue models and with the looming fear of recession, the role of a CXO Revenue Leader becomes mission critical.
How does one navigate these troubled times and exit future-ready and growth-enabled on the other? And how is the role of a CRO shaping up to be more focused on all revenue generation processes in an organization? The pain points and challenges that typical CRO faces are many, and quality insights and networking opportunities are hard to come by.
The Chief Revenue Officer Talk Series by MarketsandMarkets aims to rectify that by bringing together top thought leaders in the CRO world and exploring the dimensions and ramifications of this new age of revenue leadership.
Deb Deep Sengupta
Chief Revenue Officer | Board Advisor | Investor | , Former CEO SAP India & South Asia
Meet Our Host
The CRO Talk Series is hosted by Deb Deep Sengupta. Deep is the President & Chief Revenue Officer for Cloud4C, a global Cloud Managed Services company, which helps Large & mid-sized enterprise in their cloud transformation journeys and become truly "Cloud Native" to drive higher operating efficiency, agility and customer experience. Previously as the President & MD for SAP India & South Asia, he was integral part of SAP's Senior Executive Team in Asia Pacific & Japan. Under his leadership SAP India & South Asia was the fastest growth region globally, and established SAP as a "Trusted Advisor" for CXO's of ET 500 companies as their preferred Digital Transformation partner. Deep has a proven track record of building "Winning Culture", inspiring next generation leaders, transforming legacy software business to Cloud ( SaaS ) market leadership, incubating new businesses to global scale & GTM.
Comprising 5 modules, it aims to transform the way CROs meet their goals. Perks for subscribers include captivating content in the form of keynotes, fireside chats, interactive panels, plus endless networking opportunities to help them reach their revenue goals.
The Season 1 witnessed a stellar line-up of speakers -
Operations Advisor Sales and Marketing Advent International, Former Chief Revenue Officer, Coupa Software
Vice President of Business Development and Product Portfolio, Danfoss
Senior Advisor & Investment Committee Member Avaana Capital
President, and Global Head of Field & Marketing, FINASTRA
Chief Revenue Officer, Juniper Network Ltd
We have condensed crucial learnings and insights from the CRO Talk Series into a value toolkit that can be implemented by CROs and revenue leaders, immediately.Download Whitepaper
Module 1: ROLE OF A CRO
- What is the difference in a CRO compared to the traditional Head of Sales, COO, Head of Operations?
- At what stage of a company's development should they appoint a CRO?
- What do you think the role of a CRO is to help or guide and provide input the development and engineering teams?
Our Guest Speaker
Steve Winter, Operations Advisor Sales and Marketing Advent International, Former Chief Revenue Officer, Coupa Software . A strategic executive with more than 30 years of experience, he has recently retired as the Chief Revenue Officer for Coupa Software where he was responsible for driving the company's strategy and execution on all revenue-connected aspects of the business. During his tenure, Coupa Software had a successful IPO on NASDAQ and continued to experience explosive year over year growth.
Module 2: Transformation in the role of CRO
- What are the kind of challenges you faced in enabling the foundation of the organization?
- How do you foster the culture of trying to do things without the fear of failure?
- What is the shift you have to make from being a cost center to a profit center leader?
Our Guest Speaker
Miha Bobic, Vice President Business Development and Product Portfolio, Danfoss. Skilled in Product Lifecycle Management, DMAIC, Innovation Management, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Industrial Engineering, Miha Bobic has revitalized the Product Portfolio of District Energy Systems at Danfoss by unlocking the potential of artificial intelligence, connectivity, and optimization tools, making it possible for the utilities and service providers to effectively meet the growing demands for energy efficiency while improving business operations and costs.
Module 3: Investor Perspective on the role of a CRO
- What is the role of a CRO in a growth stage company and what is the right time for a company to invest in a CRO?
- Who is responsible if the growth of the company stalls after raising capital?
- What is the role of a CRO to influence the product road map?
Our Guest Speaker
Sandeep Singhal, Senior Advisor & Investment Committee Member, Avaana Capital. Sandeep is one of the pioneers of venture capital in India and saw the startup investment opportunity very early. He was involved in the startup scene, first running his own startup- Medusind Solutions, before starting an investment firm- eVentures India in 1999 and later co-founded Nexus Venture partners in 2006. He was also an early investor in MakeMyTrip, one of India's first generation internet firms which went public in the US.
Module 4: What experience makes for the perfect CRO?
- What makes the right CRO? How can CROs help businesses adopt the market changes and chart lucrative revenue growth?
- Today, CROs are primarily focused on strategy and methodologies, combined with bringing in revenue. How the role of a CRO is evolving in the post-pandemic era?
- What are the most important metrics to develop a successful revenue operation alongside day-to-day deal?
Our Guest Speaker
Eric Duffaut, President and Global Head of Field & Marketing, FINASTRA. Eric has 30 years of experience in global sales, consulting services, and marketing. With extensive international general management and sales leadership experience in the IT industry including SAP, Oracle, etc., he has addressed a wide spectrum of customers from Fortune 500 enterprises to small and medium-sized businesses.
Module 5: Role of CRO in Embracing Market Disruptions
- Given the current market scenario, why should a CRO consider embracing market disruptions while building strategies for revenue growth?
- As per the industry experts, the key to revenue growth is market disruption. In this digitized era, what factors should CROs consider charting a successful revenue growth mindset?
- How can market disruptions impact the potential revenue opportunities of a business?
Our Guest Speaker
Marcus JewellMarcus Jewell, Chief Revenue Officer at Juniper Network Limited. Marcus has worked in the technology industry for more than 20 years holding senior sales leadership positions in networking organizations. Marcus was formerly the General Manager for Juniper's EMEA business. Prior to this, he was associated with Brocade Communications, where he ran the EMEA business and was also the global head of the company's software sales.