Laser Processing Market with COVID-19 Impact analysis by Laser Type (Solid Lasers, Liquid Lasers, Gas Lasers), Configuration (Fixed Beam, Moving Beam, Hybrid), Revenue (System Revenue, Laser Revenue), Application, End-user Industry, and Region - Global Forecast to 2025
[221 Pages Report] The Global Laser Processing Market Size is projected to grow from USD 4.0 billion in 2020 to USD 5.8 billion by 2025; it is projected to record a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period.
The laser processing industry’s growth is driven mainly by the growing preference of end-user industries for laser-based material processing over traditional approaches, increasing demand for high-quality and genuine end-products, rising demand for miniaturization of microelectronic devices, and surging technological advancements in the medical sector.
“Solid lasers segment to grow at highest CAGR in laser processing market, by laser type, during forecast period”
The solid lasers segment is expected to grow at the highest growth rate. Solid lasers prevent the wastage of materials in the active medium and produce both continuous and pulsed output with high efficiency. These lasers have numerous applications, such as drilling holes in metals, endoscopy in medical, and targeting in military.
“System revenue segment to hold larger share in laser processing market during forecast period”
The system revenue segment is projected to hold a larger share in the market during the forecast period. System revenue covers the revenue generated from the sales of several types of laser processing systems, such as systems for marking & engraving, welding & brazing, cutting & scribing, drilling, cladding & coating, annealing, material removal, and other multi-function laser processing systems.
“Hybrid configuration segment to hold largest share of laser processing industry during forecast period”
The hybrid configuration segment is projected to hold the largest share of the laser processing market during the forecast period. A hybrid system is more efficient than the moving beam system as it provides a constant beam delivery path length and allows a comparatively simpler beam delivery system. This is due to the presence of a movable table and a movable head in the hybrid system.
“Architecture end-user industry segment to grow at highest CAGR in laser processing market during forecast period”
The architecture end-user industry segment is expected to grow at the highest rate. Lasers help architects in creating precise models of buildings. These models are capable of accurately representing the design prior to construction, so that the necessary changes can be made to remove flaws or avoid the effect of climatic conditions, such as rain, heavy storms, and other unavoidable natural circumstances.
“Asia Pacific market to record significant growth during the forecast period.”
Asia Pacific (APAC) is projected to account for the largest share of the global laser processing market during the forecast period. The major countries contributing to the market in APAC include China, Japan, South Korea, and India. APAC has been ahead in terms of the adoption of laser processing solutions as compared with other regions. High population density, rise in R&D investments in technologies, and growth of the manufacturing and electronics sectors are expected to drive the growth of the market in the region.
Key Market Players
The market is currently dominated by Coherent (US), Trumpf (Germany), Han’s Laser (China), IPG Photonics (US), and Jenoptik (Germany). A few of the major strategies adopted by these players to compete in the laser processing industry include product launches & developments, expansions, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Other players operating in the market are Lumentum (US), Gravotech (France), LaserStar (US), Lumibird (France), and Epilog Laser (US). These players have adopted strategies such as product developments & launches, mergers & acquisitions, expansions, partnerships, and collaborations to grow in the laser processing market.
Laser Processing Market Report Scope:
|Estimated Market Size||USD 4.0 Billion|
|Projected Market Size||USD 5.8 Billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.8%|
Market size available for years
On Demand Data Available
|Key Market Driver||Growth of the Manufacturing and Electronics Sectors|
|Largest Growing Region||Asia Pacific (APAC)|
|Largest Market Share Segment||System Revenue Segment|
|Highest CAGR Segment||Solid Lasers Segment|
This report categorizes the laser processing market by laser type, configuration, revenue, application, end-user industry, and region.
By Laser Type:
- CO2 Lasers
- Excimer/Diode Lasers
- Argon Lasers
- Chemical Lasers
- He–Ne Lasers
- Yttrium Aluminum Garnet (YAG) Lasers
- Semiconductor Lasers
- Thin-disk Lasers
- Ruby Lasers
- Fiber Lasers
- X-ray Lasers
- Dye Lasers
Laser Processing Configuration
- Fixed Beam
- Moving Beam
Laser Cutting and Engraving Configuration
- Raster Mode
- Vector Mode
- Laser Revenue
- System Revenue
- Fusion Cutting
- Flame Cutting
- Sublimation Cutting
- Single-pulse Drilling
- Percussion Drilling
- Trepanning Drilling
- Helical Drilling
Marking & Engraving
- Direct Laser Engraving
- Direct Photopolymer Laser Imaging
- Subsurface Laser Engraving
- Advanced Processing
By End-user Industry:
- Flat-panel Display (FPD)
- Advanced Packaging and Interconnects
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
Aerospace & Defense
- Laser Defense System Technology
- Laser Radar (LiDAR)
Medical & Life Sciences
- Laser Vision Correction
- Confocal Microscopy
- Machine Tools
- Others (Glass, Wood, Plastics, and Tobacco)
- Rest of Europe (Italy, Russia, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland, Slovenia, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Romania, Bulgaria, Spain, and Poland)
Asia Pacific (APAC)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific (Australia, Taiwan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Singapore)
Rest of the World (RoW)
- Middle East & Africa
- South America
Major Market Developments
- In January 2020, Trumpf (Germany) acquired a minority stake in GLOphotonics, a France-based laser technology startup.
- In November 2019, Coherent (US) launched a switchable adjustable ring mode (ARM) fiber laser that has the ability to sequentially power two separate processes or workstations.
- In August 2019, Han’s Laser (China) launched a multi-axis ultrafast micromachining equipment that can control the rotation of the laser and can control X,Y,Z motion in three directions.
- In November 2018, IPG Photonics (US) acquired Genesis, a US-based robotic systems integrator, to offers its laser processing solutions to transportation, industrial, and aerospace end-user markets.
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
- Where will all these developments take the industry in the mid-to-long term?
- What are the upcoming trends in the laser processing market?
- What are the opportunities for existing market players and those who are planning to enter the market?
- How are the inorganic growth strategies implemented by key players likely to impact the growth of the laser processing market, and who would have the advantage?
- What are the current investment trends in the laser processing market?
To speak to our analyst for a discussion on the above findings, click Speak to Analyst
The study involved four major activities in estimating the current size of the laser processing market. Exhaustive secondary research was done to collect information on the market, the peer market, and the parent market. The next step was to validate these findings, assumptions, and sizing with industry experts from across the value chain through primary research. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches were employed to estimate the complete market size. After that, market breakdown and data triangulation methods were used to estimate the market sizes of segments and subsegments.
The research methodology used to estimate and forecast the laser processing market begins with capturing data on the revenues of key vendors in the market through secondary research. This study involves extensive use of secondary sources, directories, and databases, such as Hoovers, Bloomberg Businessweek, Factiva, and OneSource, to identify and collect information useful for the technical, market-oriented, and commercial study of the laser processing market. Vendor offerings were also taken into consideration to determine the market segmentation. This entire research methodology includes studying annual and financial reports of top players, presentations, press releases, journals, paid databases, trade directories, regulatory bodies, and safety standard organizations.
The supply chain in the laser processing market comprises several stakeholders, such as suppliers of standard components, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), component providers, solutions providers, and system integrators. The supply side is characterized by advancements in laser processing systems and their applications in diverse end-user industries. Various primary sources from both the supply and demand sides of the market were interviewed to obtain qualitative and quantitative information. The breakdown of primary respondents is as follows.
To know about the assumptions considered for the study, download the pdf brochure
Market Size Estimation
Both top-down and bottom-up approaches were used to estimate and validate the size of the laser processing market and various market subsegments. The research methodology used to estimate the market sizes includes the following.
- Key players providing laser processing systems to different end-user industries were identified through extensive secondary research.
- The industry’s supply chain and market size, in terms of value, were determined through primary and secondary research .
- All percentage shares, splits, and breakdowns were determined using secondary sources and verified through primary sources.
After arriving at the overall market size—using the estimation processes as explained above—the market was split into several segments and subsegments. To complete the overall market engineering process and arrive at the exact statistics of each market segment and subsegment, data triangulation and market breakdown procedures were employed, wherever applicable. The data was triangulated by studying factors and trends from both the demand and supply sides of the laser processing market.
- To define and forecast the laser processing market, by laser type, configuration, revenue, application, and end-user industry, in terms of value
- To forecast the market size for various segments with regard to four main regions—North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World (RoW)
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) influencing the growth of the laser processing market
- To provide a comprehensive overview of the laser processing value chain
- To strategically analyze the micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the laser processing market
- To analyze opportunities in the laser processing market for stakeholders by identifying high-growth segments
- To strategically profile key players, comprehensively analyze their market rankings and core competencies, and provide a detailed competitive landscape of the market
- To analyze competitive developments, such as contracts, mergers & acquisitions, product launches, and research & development (R&D) activities, in the laser processing market
Along with the market data, MarketsandMarkets offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (Up to 5)
- What will be the new end-user industries in which laser processing can be used?
- Who are the key players in the market, and how intense is the competition
Growth opportunities and latent adjacency in Laser Processing Market
How dot peen marking affect adoption of laser for marketing and engraving application?
Dear Sir/Madam, I am working on a project involving femtosecond pulsed lasers for my master's thesis. The project focuses on laser microprocessing of silicon. Thus I would be really interested by having any information on the laser microprocessing market of silicon or the market of silicon in general. Unfortunately we don't have enough funding now to purchase your book without being sure we can find what we are looking for. This is why I am requesting a free sample report.
Dear Market research Team, Before buying I would like to have a summary of the study.
Hi, I am interested in evaluate the US laser processing market and their applications that best fit the using of small-medium Fiber laser machines, which have an high precision and can work for small/medium metal pieces.
Currently selling Nitrogen Gas generators throughout Eastern Europe and CIS and would be interested in what this report has to say, in relation to Laser Cutting.
Interested in each of the applications by the market size of Laser Diode, DPSSL, and Fiber Laser. We especially would like to make sure the application.
Will increase in adoption of fiber laser will affect demand of CO2 laser?
I am a polish student and involved in some project about ultrafast lasers. I have found that they are commonly used in micromachining so I am also really interested in this market. Can you share the summary for this market study?
I am specially interested in fiber laser latest developments. And market opportunity for high power cutting machine in South Asia and Middle East regions.
Trying to understand the market for ultra-short pulse lasers for the processing of ultra-hard materials .
Hard to tell what your definition of "Laser Processing Market" is - seems like this includes more than just annual system sales. Can you please define it a bit further - what the study covers in this $17.4 billion market by 2020?
I need to know which companies you have considered for the study, are these companies produces laser machines or the user of the machines?
Interested in laser marking and engraving applications as it relates to tooling and tube identification specifically in aerospace and automotive industry segments.
Can you provide the qualitative and quantitative data for laser marking and engraving applications particularly for growth in the fiber and decline in CO2 and other solid state lasers?
I'm one of the co-founders in a startup focused on distributed manufacturing. I've been struggling to find a decent total addressable market number, and I'm pretty sure you guys have some of the data I need in your report. We don't have the funds to buy the full report. I'm wondering if you would be willing to sell part of the data so I can build a market case for investors. We are focused specifically on the laser fabrication market for metals and non-metals. For the time being out customers are mainly prototyping parts. I appreciate any help or advice you can offer.